Thursday, August 11, 2016

Internal Medicine August 2016

I spent the afternoon at internal medicine clinic. They administered emergency potassium because it was 3.7 and I could barely lift my body. (Feel free to visit previous blog entries if that number makes you skeptical, as I've already explained why the 3s are a very bad place for me.)

I had the usual panels of blood work (Stat K+, BMP, Mag, Phos, Vit D), and based on results vs medication doses, we agreed again that my body isn't absorbing my diet or supplements well at all. No solution known.

New GI and CT scans are being scheduled, assuming insurance approves, to monitor my choking and swallowing issues and double-check my head since the migraines and auras are so severe.

I met the on-staff social worker for the first time, who is getting me back in the door with social services, as well as arranging free transportation to future doc appointments that are scheduled in my county. That'll be interesting.

The social worker and Dr. B both assured me not to worry about my impending SS Disability review. I don't know why it has worried me so much, but it has, and I'm relieved to know they have my back. My disability is dead obvious, but my anxiety loves to play worst case scenarios over and over in my head. I'm sure social services will probably offer therapy, and I'll accept. I think everybody should seek counseling at some point in their life, even if only to confirm that it's unnecessary. I dare say nearly everyone could benefit from it. At any rate, I am not considered a severe case, according to the social worker, but I certainly have enough on my plate to qualify for services. We'll see what happens.

I'll post my test results when I know them, and I'm scheduled to go back in two weeks for follow-up tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment