Saturday, November 1, 2014

Updated Medication and Supplement List 11/01/14

Hello my friends,

I figure this would be a good time to update my medication and supplement list. I've decided to include all supplements including all PRN medications and the topical gel I use for muscle spasms (it works...I recommend). Each one is hyperlinked to more information. I'll fix it in the sidebar as well.

irbesartan (AVAPRO) - 150mg 1 x daily
eplerenone (INSPRA) - 50mg x 4 daily
amiloride (MIDAMOR) - 5mg 1 x daily
acetaolamide (DIAMOX) - 125mg 1x daily
spironolactone (ALDACTONE) - 25mg 1 x daily
effervescent potassium (EFFER-K) - 25mEq PRN up to 3 a day
Magnesium Citrate Tablets - 200mg x 2 daily
Magnesium Citrate Powder - 1 to 2 teaspoons in water PRN
Magnesium Chloride Gel - Topical PRN for muscle spasms
pantoprazole (PROTONIX) - 40mg x 2 a day
Omega Oil - 1300mg 1 x daily
ubiquinol (COQ10) - 100mg 1 x daily
Vitamin D - 2,000 IU 1 x daily
Sublingual B Complex - 1 dropper daily
Zinc - 50mg 1 x daily when I remember...let's face the facts here.
Liquid L-Carnitine - Couldn't find the one I bought locally online, but I've linked a similar one. It's refrigerated and I don't always remember to take it, but I'm trying.
Hylands Homeopathic Phosphorus - 2 tablets 1 x week
ibuprofen (ADVIL) - 400mg PRN

For the sake of easing any curiosity, I am going to categorize the meds and supplements that I feel are making a difference, verses the meds and supplements that I don't feel I'm responding to below.

Meds that I know without a doubt are helping:

irbesartan (AVAPRO)
eplerenone (INSPRA)
amiloride (MIDAMOR)
acetaolamide (DIAMOX)
potassium chloride (KLOR-CON)
effervescent potassium (EFFER-K)
Magnesium Citrate Tablets
Magnesium Citrate Powder
Magnesium Chloride Gel
pantoprazole (PROTONIX)
tolterodine tartrate (DETROL LA)
Vitamin D
Hylands Homeopathic Phosphorus
ibuprofen (ADVIL)

Meds and supplements that I feel no effects of. Please understand that doesn't mean they're not working or doing their job, I'm just saying I don't feel any noticeable positive difference on it:

spironolactone (ALDACTONE)
Omega Oil
ubiquinol (COQ10)
Sublingual B Complex
Zinc
Liquid L-Carnitine


I will talk about medications that I've tried previously, and their effects, in a different entry. There are many drugs that I have been prescribed for various reasons that caused side effects - some of them serious. Stay tuned to the blog if you wish. I plan to come up with the long list sometime this month.

I'm so tired of pills. Words cannot express. Gotta do what I gotta do, right? Quality of life is the goal...always has been and always will be. Keeping my eye on the prize.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment