Thursday, August 1, 2013

Local clinic update 8-1-13

The clinic had no explanation for the mistake made on my Inspra script (see last medical update if you don't know what I'm talking about), but they called the pharmacy and worked it out. Now I'm back up to 100mg a day, although I am supposed to be on 200. I'll have to wait till I see Dr. F in November, then Dr. B again in December before it will be increased again. At that point, I will be back to where I was supposed to be nearly a year prior. Lord, this has been so frustrating.

In other news, Dr. B wants me to try something...anything...to deal with the constant migraines and tremendous lack of sleep. As those with HKPP know, the meds he prescribed for this (migraine med and a tricyclic) probably won't go well and I expect to have to discontinue them quickly. Maybe I'll get lucky, but history proves that these type of meds cause serious HKPP symptoms in me. We'll see. I start them tomorrow night.

He had no answers for my ailing right kidney. No infection shown, but he put his hand on my back and I nearly jumped off the table. No clue what the thing is up to, but it's giving me a lot of grief at the moment. Maybe the meds I start tomorrow will help a bit.

If you're confused, I don't blame you. Here's the rundown:

Dr. F is Nephrology and Internal Medicine. He and the doctors at the MDA clinic are in Jackson, MS. I see them several times a year and consider them my primary physicians.
Dr. B is local. He's Internal Medicine and runs a low-income clinic where I receive medication assistance. I have to take my scripts from Dr. F to Dr. B, who has a program for people like me who can't afford their medications. He has decades of experience and is widely respected. He has read about Periodic Paralysis, but I am the first person he has met with the condition.

All of my docs couldn't be nicer, and I'm grateful. I believe they are doing their best, and that's all I can ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment