Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Starting Acetazolamide


My bedside emergency station:
a couple of types of potassium, coconut water, almonds, pistachios, and lots of water

I'm beginning Diamox for the first time. It's very risky, as those with HKPP are aware, with only 46-50% of patients reporting improvement. Half the patients I've spoken to personally have said they are doing much better on it. The other half said they saw a decline in the form of Hypokalemic episodes or acidosis with kidney stones. God knows I don't need any of the above (I believe 40 stones is enough in one lifetime, thank you), so here's hoping and praying that I turn out to be one of the lucky ones. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. I think each and everyone of us still hoping and praying that someday we became one of them, the lucky ones :) Maybe not now but maybe tomorrow or in coming days, weeks, months and years..:) Let's pray until something happen. :) God Bless

    ReplyDelete