Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Rough Tuesday

I had tests and another consult with Nephrology/Internal Medicine today. I became suddenly ill and almost passed out in the car on the way up to Jackson. I haven't been able to walk without human assistance since. My right side is aching so I guess it's a kidney stone. Dr. F didn't flinch when I told him about it, probably because I've passed so many.

Concerning my current condition, which has been going on for over a year now, he concluded the same as the MDA clinic, with nothing else significant noted in labs except chronic Nephrolithisis that I'm already taking potassium for. He doubled the Inspra in an attempt to raise my K+ level, but that's all he wants to do for now. I don't see him again until November.

Severe, permanent weakness in my early 30's? I truly hope not. Maybe the increase in Inspra will help in some way. Dr. F is nice and I'm just grateful that he hasn't given up on me like the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment